Sunday, June 26, 2011

Verbal abuse

I recently received an email from a reader. Below is an excerpt from that email.

"My husband cries constantly. The least little thing he gets. The other day not to load the dishwasher the way he thought it should be. For 30 minutes, I had to hear him yelling and cursing about how he is the only one here who knows how to do things the right way.

You should hear the things that he shouts at my son, while coaching him in baseball. What I want to know is, is this bad for me and my son have to hear someone yelling and screaming all the time. "

My answer to the reader? YES! The husband has clearly the problems of managing anger and she and her son will suffer the consequences if she allows the behavior to continue. This is clearly a case of verbal abuse.

There are healthy ways to express anger and husband of this player needs to learn that he communicate so loving, respectful, or not communicate at all. There are steps you can take to change the situation. However, if the husband does not change, there are steps … divorce, you can take to protect herself and her son from the negative consequences of verbal abuse of her husband.

Related content:

The spouse call you names?
The spouse makes use of words to ashamed?
Does your spouse use threats to intimidate you?
The spouse you blame for their bad behavior?
The spouse reject your feelings?
The marriage is making you sick?
Is your spouse verbally manipulate you?

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment